Best way to share variables between executables in LV 8.2?

As mentioned in another post I'm having a problem in LV 8.2 using the PSP protocol with a datasocket read to read a shared variable published by another executable. I'd like to ask a different question in that regard. Is there a better way to share variables between two LV executables residing on the same PC? I think using the datasocket read was the only way I could do it in LV 8.0.1 without some fancy add on module (I forgot the name of it).

Thanks,

George

You're probably refering to the DSC module, which would definitely add unnecessary overhead and would probably even be slower.

A couple of ways of communicating between executables would be using TCP (but you should note that this won't be as transparent as DS or the SV) and loading them into the same data space (although that would mean you would have to be careful about doing this. For TCP, you can search the example finder, and for the other option, you can see for example this thread.