Moving projects from LV 8.0 to 8.2

Hi,

I've project for subVI library in user.lib directory which is written with LabVIEW 8.0. I'd like to keep LabVIEW 8.0 as the main development environment for this toolkit but I'd also like to use the toolkit with LabVIEW 8.2. The problem I have is that if I just copy all the project files to user.lib directory under LabVIEW 8.2 directory and recomplie VIs, the recompilation also recompiles some files under my LabVIEW 8.0 user.lib and the project won't work under LabVIEW 8.0 any more.

My project contains several libraries (lvlib), several hundreds of VIs within these libraries, some tools for internal use outside these libraries, some DLLs, multiple mnu files, help files, html files, build specifications etc. All of the files are managed using LabVIEW project.

Any help how to properly move a project under user.lib to newer LabVIEW version...

-jimi-

Hi,

I've project for subVI library in user.lib directory which is written with LabVIEW 8.0. I'd like to keep LabVIEW 8.0 as the main development environment for this toolkit but I'd also like to use the toolkit with LabVIEW 8.2. The problem I have is that if I just copy all the project files to user.lib directory under LabVIEW 8.2 directory and recomplie VIs, the recompilation also recompiles some files under my LabVIEW 8.0 user.lib and the project won't work under LabVIEW 8.0 any more.

My project contains several libraries (lvlib), several hundreds of VIs within these libraries, some tools for internal use outside these libraries, some DLLs, multiple mnu files, help files, html files, build specifications etc. All of the files are managed using LabVIEW project.

Any help how to properly move a project under user.lib to newer LabVIEW version...

-jimi-

What you should do is temperarily remove the 8.0 folder to a place where LV 8.2 can't find the VI's, this will force 8.2 to look into it's own 8.2 user.lib. After that you should be able to copy the 8.0 folder back. But better safe than sorry make a backup of both folder's.

A good way to test this is making the 8.0 folder read only. 8.2 will than bother you with saving of several items.

Ton