XControl Display state reinitializes

Hello All,

I'm working on a X-control containing a class. The facade VI-shows a picture, looks really great.

But...

I'm dynamically registring for events, so I can choose for each xcontrol I can register for certain events.

Now what happens is that IF a dynamic event is triggered the Display State (with the class) is reinitialized to it's default value, meaning my picture disappears.

Does anyone else have seen this (It also happens when I don't use dynamic registring....)

I'm resisting the urge to post code, since it's bad documented and quite complex (a class in an xcontrol)...

Ton

PS One question I should put my internal data off the xcontrol in the display state control right?

I'm dynamically registring for events, so I can choose for each xcontrol I can register for certain events.

Now what happens is that IF a dynamic event is triggered the Display State (with the class) is reinitialized to it's default value, meaning my picture disappears.

Does anyone else have seen this (It also happens when I don't use dynamic registring....)

I'm resisting the urge to post code, since it's bad documented and quite complex (a class in an xcontrol)...

Some code would help.. I'm not really sure if I know what you mean..

Is it the actual "Display State In" control that get's an unexpected value? Did you probe this in the facade VI?

I've been playing a bit with classes in XControls too and have seen some strange behaviour, but haven't been able to put the finger on the exact problem yet.. Need to play around a bit more with this..

PS One question I should put my internal data off the xcontrol in the display state control right?

Yep, that would be the way to go! And don't forget to notify LV of state/data changes through the action output.