Show Buffer Allocations?

I figure I'm probably missing something trivial, but does "show buffer allocations" still work in 8.20?

post-181-1161530972.png?width=400

I figure I'm probably missing something trivial, but does "show buffer allocations" still work in 8.20?

Yep - it was something trivial - you need to run the VI to have the buffer allocations show :)

I don't have 8.20 in front of me at the moment, but if I remember correctly, I think that maybe saving the VI will cause the buffer allocations to show up.

Yep - that works too :thumbup: I wonder if it's because the VI is recompiled before it's saved? Although it even works if you've got a broken arrow...

post-181-1161530972.png?width=400

Yep - it was something trivial - you need to run the VI to have the buffer allocations show :)

I would say that this is a usability issue. NI should handle this with a message or a description\note on the dialog explaining that you must run the VI or save it first. We're suppose to know this magically somehow? :nono:
I would say that this is a usability issue. NI should handle this with a message or a description\note on the dialog explaining that you must run the VI or save it first. We're suppose to know this magically somehow? :nono:

If you're advanced enough to figure out what the Show Buffer Allocations tool does in the first place, then your name is probably CRelf or equivalent and appear to have no problem magically figuring stuff out. :P

If you're advanced enough to figure out what the Show Buffer Allocations tool does in the first place, then your name is probably CRelf or equivalent and appear to have no problem magically figuring stuff out. :P

I can't remeber where I read it but it went something like this.

After completing a form on a web-site, and clicking the option to get a hard-copy, the istructions read

"

If you are using Windows then do .......

If you are using a MAc then do .....

If you are using LINUX, you do no not need to be told how to get a screen shot!'

"

Ben