Labview crashes when opening project

I am having a problem opening a project right now. I have already submitted it to NI, but I am hoping somebody will be able to give me a clue where the problem is occurring so I can work around it.

When I open my project, labVIEW gives me the following error and closes.

bookkeep.cpp(887)

Now, I can open my main application vi directly and it loads and runs fine. I can also open each of my classes separately and do not have any problems, but whenever I try to open to project file (only for this application), the error occurs. Can anyone tell me what this error relates to?

Here is the error log file.

####

#Date: Thu, Oct 26, 2006 8:49:34 AM

#OSName: Windows NT

#OSVers: 5.1

#AppName: LabVIEW

#Version: 8.2

#AppKind: FDS

#AppModDate: 07/27/2006 17:08 GMT

.\compiler\bookkeep.cpp(887) : DAbort: bad DiagClmpList!!

$Id: //labview/branches/Europa/dev/source/compiler/bookkeep.cpp#9 $

0x00CA22D7 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0

0x006E8EC3 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0

0x00CA9B15 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0

0x00CAA1ED - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0

0x00CA8FA3 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0

0x00CA9515 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0

0x00CA9F17 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0

0x004D6D2F - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0

0x004D7C95 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0

0x004D7CD8 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0

0x004DBA95 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0

0x004DBD50 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0

0x0051FD4C - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0

0x0051FD6F - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0

0x0122CA73 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Try to open the .lvproj and .lvlib and .lvclass files with your text editor to check if the file paths are correct. If so, you can try to remove files from your project to see if the problem is related to some specific file. There are so many bugs in the new LabVIEW 8.20 that makes LabVIEW crash that it's hard to say which one you have encountered or if you have found a new one. I submitted some of these LV crashes bugs but then I got tired of submitting the bugs as there seems to be so many of them.

Something that seems to help in some cases is rebooting the computer. Restarting LabVIEW is not enough. Another thing that seems to help is to open all the top level VIs and all the classes related to a project and then pressing ctrl+shift and clicking the run button of one of the top level VIs. Then save all. This fixes invalid inter-VI references.

I identified at least the general cause of the bookkeep error. It has to do with some vis I had set up as Dynamic Dispatch. Once I converted most of them to regular vis (I left the one I absolutely had to have that way), the bookkeep error stopped occurring.

I think for now, I will minimize the use of Dynamic Dispatch until I get a good explanation of why this error was occurring.

• 2 weeks later...
I identified at least the general cause of the bookkeep error. It has to do with some vis I had set up as Dynamic Dispatch. Once I converted most of them to regular vis (I left the one I absolutely had to have that way), the bookkeep error stopped occurring.

I think for now, I will minimize the use of Dynamic Dispatch until I get a good explanation of why this error was occurring.

I encountered the same bug. Did anyone find a solution that doesn't require moving dynamic VIs to static ones?