LabVIEW.exe - No Disk Error Message

I have a specific VI (reentrant) that I load dynamically (with options = 8). I open a VI reference, set the front panel properties to "Standard", then run the vi with "Wait Until Done" set to FALSE and "Auto dispose Ref" = TRUE. (The VI's default Window options "Show Front Panel When Opened" is set to FALSE. I'm going change it to Hidden after Open Reference when I'm done; I need to see it for now for debug...)

The VI runs in a loop that receives notifiers, reduces some data and plots data to a chart (for debug). The VI stops running when a "Wait On Notification" call returns an error (the Notifier was destroyed in the Data Source VI) or the operator presses a "Quit" boolean.

It's been working for over a week without problems, but now OCCASIONALLY I see the dialog box below when closing the VI. If I place a CD in the tray (drive D:) and click continue, the VI closes. When I try to load the VI again dynamically, LabVIEW crashes.

What could be going on that would cause this? Has anyone seen this before? I've forced a recompile of the VI and all associated VIs. I'm ready to toss the whole VI out and write it from scratch! :throwpc:

post-949-1161713942.png?width=400

I have a specific VI (reentrant) that I load dynamically (with options = 8). I open a VI reference, set the front panel properties to "Standard", then run the vi with "Wait Until Done" set to FALSE and "Auto dispose Ref" = TRUE. (The VI's default Window options "Show Front Panel When Opened" is set to FALSE. I'm going change it to Hidden after Open Reference when I'm done; I need to see it for now for debug...)

The VI runs in a loop that receives notifiers, reduces some data and plots data to a chart (for debug). The VI stops running when a "Wait On Notification" call returns an error (the Notifier was destroyed in the Data Source VI) or the operator presses a "Quit" boolean.

It's been working for over a week without problems, but now OCCASIONALLY I see the dialog box below when closing the VI. If I place a CD in the tray (drive D:) and click continue, the VI closes. When I try to load the VI again dynamically, LabVIEW crashes.

What could be going on that would cause this? Has anyone seen this before? I've forced a recompile of the VI and all associated VIs. I'm ready to toss the whole VI out and write it from scratch! :throwpc:

post-949-1161713942.png?width=400

I've seen this message but in different context.

Look into your labview.ini file and see if there is any old file path referring to d:\ It may cause LabVIEW to look for the drive d:\

I've seen this message but in different context.

Look into your labview.ini file and see if there is any old file path referring to d:\ It may cause LabVIEW to look for the drive d:\

Not a common bug, but I was glad to notice and read your post JP. I've done a fair amount of this kind of closed dynamic VI programming and have never run into this error, but I'm sure I'll remember this if I do see it in the future. Your post may have saved a PC :throwpc:

:P