VI icon template overwritten

This is maybe more like an annoyance than a bug but still. If one tries to add a new VI into a class, LabVIEW uses the class icon template to create the new icon for the class. However it overwrites that icon with a number on the lower left corner. If the template happens to have some colored pixels in this region, the they are also overwritten with this useless number. I see no reason why the number should be added to the icon in the first place, but if LV developers insist adding some additional stuff to the icon template, it must not overwrite non-white regions in the template. If at least one pixel in the template is non-white in the region where the number should be written, it must not be written at all.

Although I am fixing MANY icon issues with classes in the next revision, that's not one I'm touching ... adding the number is a long-standing LV feature to provide uniqueness of icons for lax users who don't generally edit their icons. If you want a workaround, go create 9 new VIs. The numbers only run 1 through 9. All VIs that you create thereafter will not have a number added in the corner. But otherwise just assume that the lower right is going to get hit. ... I think you might find this less of a pain in the next version. As I say, I'm adjusting several aspects of icons for LVClasses to try to eliminate the pain.

In all these years, I think this is the first time I've ever explicitly promised a feature to be in a future version. Must be getting weak.

Perhaps these annoying features can be made optional so that professional users can turn them off from LabVIEW options. Microsoft Word has lots of features that tend to "correct" language incorrectly at least in my native language, so I turn them off. I'd prefer LabVIEW to allow users to turn off features as well, such as this I complained about.

Another thing I'd like to see is a feature that would allow to use standard dynamic VI template for override VIs instead of the present call-parent-VI created using scripting the content of which I 99% need to replace with the normal error case template. Perhaps this could also be an option that the user could select...