Greetings LabVIEWers

CRoebuck

Hi

I've been loitering around this forum and Info-LabvIEW for awhile now so I thought I'd better say hello and introduce myself. I'm Chris and I've been LabVIEWing for 8 years (Version 3.1 thru 8.20). I started using LV during an industrial placement year (Part of my Physics Degree) when I was presented with a choice, HP-VEE or LabVIEW. I was unsure (I know, I know) luckily I made the right choice.

Even though I've been using for years I only got round to certification a few months ago (Trying to smarten up the old resume)

My day job involves writing tests (in TestStand but using LV) for RF communications products up to 40Ghz. Throw in a bit of SQL and some I2C and loads of ActiveX and that's my typical day.

I hope I get a chance to contribute to LAVA very soon.

Regards from England

Chris

Hi Chris. Welcome to LAVA.

Your story reminds me of a similar choice I had to make, back in college. We had to do a engineering lab project using HPVEE. I had a very difficult time getting anything done in HPVEE (I gave it a fair try), so I petitioned to use LabVIEW instead (since I had used LabVIEW a little already, at that point). My request was granted, thankfully. And, interestingly, that college course now uses LabVIEW.

We're looking forward to your participation in LAVA. :)

Cheers,

I've been loitering around this forum and Info-LabvIEW for awhile now so I thought I'd better say hello and introduce myself.

Welcome Chris! Oh, and commiserations on your imminent Ashes series loss...

Your story reminds me of a similar choice I had to make, back in college. We had to do a engineering lab project using HPVEE. I had a very difficult time getting anything done in HPVEE (I gave it a fair try), so I petitioned to use LabVIEW instead (since I had used LabVIEW a little already, at that point).

Same thing happened to me at UTS - we had to complete 4 of 8 tasks (we got to choose which ones to do) and the 8th was a LabVIEW task. I asked the lecturer about it, and he said that it hadn't be written yet, and was just in there as a placeholder for the next semester - I asked if I could write a task and then complete it - and, you guessed it, he agreed. My task is now part of the ciriculum (or, at least, it was last time I looked...)

Welcome Chris! Oh, and commiserations on your imminent Ashes series loss...

Same thing happened to me at UTS - we had to complete 4 of 8 tasks (we got to choose which ones to do) and the 8th was a LabVIEW task. I asked the lecturer about it, and he said that it hadn't be written yet, and was just in there as a placeholder for the next semester - I asked if I could write a task and then complete it - and, you guessed it, he agreed. My task is now part of the ciriculum (or, at least, it was last time I looked...)

Hey, I haven't heard any fat lady yet !

Trust me: she's warming up in the wings ;)

Sorry CRoebuck, I just found these ads on YouTube and had to share them - some of the funniest I've ever seen:

I'm sure crelf, being a premium member, will be only too happy to embed them ... :D

Jaegen

I'm sure crelf, being a premium member, will be only too happy to embed them ... :D

<br>

Well... this isn't something I'd normally do, but I think it's an important cause, so I'm happy to help :)

<br><br>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><br><br>

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><br><br>

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
  • 2 weeks later...
Ok Ok Hat's off to your boys. They put on an impressive display, however everyone one knows that Football is Englands strongest sport ;)

Spoken like a true gentleman :) That said, I'm really looking forward to the next ashes series since Warnie's on his way out. I've always enjoyed his on field talent far more than his off field stupidity, but I'm looking forward to seeing some younger players into the Australian side...