When would *you* schedule NI Week? (if you had the choice)

Jim Kring

It's officially 2007 and NI Week 2007 is coming around the corner. Since I've heard a lot of people complain about NI Week being in August, I'm curious (based on scheduling and ability to travel) which month people would change it to, if given the choice.

Thank you,

Since I live in Michigan I would love an excuse to leave the cold weather, I think March would be a good month. Austin in July is just too hot. I am flying to Austin in March for the LabView Advanced I Course: Architectures, maybe I will have a different opinion, after being in Austin in March.

Since I live in Michigan I would love an excuse to leave the cold weather...

Being also in Michigan, I agree that it would be nice to get down south for the winter, but I don't really mind having it in August - It's all part of the experience: drinking beer under the mist machines on 6th street in 110 degree heat :)

Being also in Michigan, I agree that it would be nice to get down south for the winter, but I don't really mind having it in August - It's all part of the experience: drinking beer under the mist machines on 6th street in 110 degree heat :)

Time to continue the Michigan thread series and say that any of the cold Michigan months are a good time to go to Texas. Of course based on this years weather, its hard to tell when our cold months will start ;p

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would schedule NI Week on March.

Another important issue is where NI Week should be held. Austin Texas is a trouble for travellers travelling from outside the States. U.S. restricts the airports to which foreign companies can fly to. As a results travel times to Austin Texas are quite long as one needs to take two-stop connections. As an example to get to Austin from Helsinki where I live it takes nearly twenty hours whereas a flight to New York is 8.5 hours. So my strong suggestion is to move the NI Weeks to a more accessible position near a major international airpot such as New York, Chicago or Los Angeles. Austin Texas doesn't have one of the major airports.

Tomi

QUOTE(Tomi Maila @ Apr 1 2007, 08:21 AM)

Austin Texas doesn't have one of the major airports.

...but it does have one huge benefit (other than Shiner Bock) - it's where NI is. Most of what I get out of NI-Week isn't on the official program, so meeting up with the top R&D people who aren't officially invited to NI-Week is my highlight, and if it was held anywhere else I wouldn't get to see them. Summary: If NI-Week wasn't in Austin, I probably wouldn't go.

PS: I feel for you Tomi - I used to fly to NI-week from Sydney and be jet-lagged as hell for half a week - The monring after the Alliance Day party in ~1999 was not pretty...