Timer Effects (Pie)

Guys,

I am looking for a circular timer (something like PIE chart) which will indicate the TIME LEFT by filling up the area of circle.

Attached VI is my first attempt to do it. I am not familiar with XControl and not intending to go that way either.

Any better ideas :lightbulb: , examples will be appreciated.

Regards,

Ashish

NB: My application is not too time critical hence I can afford couple of seconds in generating the effects.

Download File:post-2466-1169234584.vi

I wouldn't be surprised if you took the same path

Yen & njkirchner,

Thanks for your reply. I did follow the post suggested by njkirchner and my sample VI is almost similar to Yen's VI.

I want some 3D effects on the timer. I thought, some tricks with overlapping existing circle over Dial Indicator (show/hide/transparent) approach will do it. But, the Dial Indicator START position cannot be changed :headbang: . Hence, I am still trying.

Thanks anyways.

Regards,

Ashish

Yen & njkirchner,

Thanks for your reply. I did follow the post suggested by njkirchner and my sample VI is almost similar to Yen's VI.

I want some 3D effects on the timer. I thought, some tricks with overlapping existing circle over Dial Indicator (show/hide/transparent) approach will do it. But, the Dial Indicator START position cannot be changed :headbang: . Hence, I am still trying.

Thanks anyways.

Regards,

Ashish

Of course you can change the start position of a dial, who said that you can't?

What do you need to change it to?

To rotate a dial you need to place the cursor over the end of the scale and you should get a rotate icon. Clicking and dragging at this point will control this.

You should note that doing this at the low end of the scale will cause the scale to be rotated as-is and doing this at the top end of the scale will allow you to control the size of the gap between the end and beginning of the scale.

In Norm's example, the scale end (and beginning) are found at the bottom of the dial, where the green and red meet.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could get cooler effects from a picture control, but they would require more work.

To rotate a dial you need to place the cursor over the end of the scale and you should get a rotate icon. Clicking and dragging at this point will control this.

You should note that doing this at the low end of the scale will cause the scale to be rotated as-is and doing this at the top end of the scale will allow you to control the size of the gap between the end and beginning of the scale.

WOW!!! :worship: That is perfect. Thanks a bunch Yen.

Also, thanks to njkirchner.

Regards,

Ashish