Excel title bar

Hi anyone,

I need to prevent a user to close an Excel session by clicking on the X symbol in the right top or in other ways from inside Excel. The reason to do this is because the Excel session is opened by LabVIEW and I need to close it by LabVIEW; on the contrary (clicking on the X symbol of Excel) it's impossible to open an Excel session from LabVIEW again (the refnum is not cancelled by the same application). I think the better thing is to hide the Excel title bar in some ways but I can't find out the right way. Is there someone who can help me?

Thank you

Their are several options I can think off, all are difficult.

For one it is possible to have an activex container with an excel worksheet.

Or more advanced, create a callback VI for the 'application close event', and then display a message to the user.

Ton

I don't have any experience with it.

Simply embed an Excel object in an ActiveX container (it should be called "Microsoft Office Spreadsheet" or something similar) and look at the properties and methods it has. I know that the Office class hierarchy can be confusing, but it should be documented in the help for Office.