scxi 1125 bad EEPROM

ecarrig

hello lavaland ~

I just got an error message in labview 7.1 while trying to use the scxi 1125 with the 1313 terminal block. Apparently the EEPROM went bad on the card itself. This is the second unit that has failed in this manner. Has anyone else had problems with this card? Can anyone suggest any work-arounds? I need to measure up to four signals randging from 0 to 300 volts very accurately, and would like to avoid building my own static attenuating circuit.

thanks

Eamon

QUOTE(ecarrig @ Apr 13 2007, 09:37 AM)

hello lavaland ~

I just got an error message in labview 7.1 while trying to use the scxi 1125 with the 1313 terminal block. Apparently the EEPROM went bad on the card itself. This is the second unit that has failed in this manner. Has anyone else had problems with this card? Can anyone suggest any work-arounds? I need to measure up to four signals randging from 0 to 300 volts very accurately, and would like to avoid building my own static attenuating circuit.

thanks

Eamon

If its under warranty, you could probably get it repaired by NI.. Check that you are using an ESD strap when installing the unit into the chassis.

I have used them in the past and never had problems measuring quite high voltages (around 60V) as well as much smaller values simultanously.

Neville.

QUOTE(Neville D @ Apr 13 2007, 01:44 PM)

If its under warranty, you could probably get it repaired by NI.. Check that you are using an ESD strap when installing the unit into the chassis.

I have used them in the past and never had problems measuring quite high voltages (around 60V) as well as much smaller values simultanously.

Neville.

thankyou Neville. The card is still under warranty, and NI has been prompt with replacement. The card is always handled with proper grounding. What concerns me is that this is the second failure to which I can attribute no clear cause... intermittent problems are always the most frustrating and hardest to diagnose. Hopefully it was a fluke! I just wanted to ping the community and see if anyone else had problems.

EC

We had the same issue.

Be carefull, we found out that the signal attenuation of the 1313 (1 or 100) could change! Effectiveley the 1125 got a voltage up to 500 V instead of 5 V because daqMx thought the attenuator was on but effectively was off.

We replaced it with the old ones 1327.

We just decided that the harsh envirenment (next to a train engine) was causing the failure.

So if you see in your measurement some overflow voltages be warned!

If we changed the measurement range from 300 to 5 and back the attenuation was OK again.

Ton