Disable Day Light Saving Time

Hello:

I am parsing a date string such as: 01-APR-07 10:20:12.67 and converting this into LabVIEW seconds (since 1904). Problem is that the resulting displayed date is 1 hour ahead of what I want it to be. See code snippet. I realize that this is because of 'Day Light Savings' time-correction.

Is there a way to make LabVIEW ignore Day Light Savings time-correction? :throwpc:

. . . I know I can do the correction by some logic but I just want to disable the day light saving correction ---period!

Anthony L.

QUOTE(alukindo @ Apr 13 2007, 11:28 PM)

Hello:

I am parsing a date string such as: 01-APR-07 10:20:12.67 and converting this into LabVIEW seconds (since 1904). Problem is that the resulting displayed date is 1 hour ahead of what I want it to be. See code snippet. I realize that this is because of 'Day Light Savings' time-correction.

Is there a way to make LabVIEW ignore Day Light Savings time-correction? :throwpc:

. . . I know I can do the correction by some logic but I just want to disable the day light saving correction ---period!

Anthony L.

You can disable DST in your OS. Other than that LabVIEW won't do anything different than what it does now since it uses OS functions to deal with date/time.

Before LabVIEW 7.0 it always used the current DST status to convert date/time. From LabVIEW 7.0 on it uses the actual DST status that belongs to the actual timestamp for all timestamp on and after Jan. 1, 1970. There is however one limit to this that was uncovered with the recent DST change in the US. Windows only can have one DST period per timezone and that applies to all years. So there will be a two week period when DST calculation is off now for all years before this one in the US. Microsoft stated that they fix that in VISTA but have no intention to fix that for earlier Windows versions.

In LabVIEW 8 and above some of the Date/Time functions have an extra boolean input that allows you to treat the data/time in UTC.

Rolf Kalbermatter