The OO breakdown of a coffee maker

A marvelous walk through of OO design, complete with common points of failure, in the design of a coffee maker. Ashe, I expect you to appreciate this fully.

http://www.objectmentor.com/resources/arti...CoffeeMaker.pdf

Problem: All the example code is in JAVA. Need someone to convert JAVA to LAVA. :shifty: Not a project I'm going to get around to doing, but I think would be useful for someone to do.

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Apr 17 2007, 07:43 PM)

Doing OOA&D on a coffee maker is a standard classroom topic used my many to teach the principles. Another one is a bank machine.

We just used to bring a whole can with us, it would defenitely take your grade up!

Ton

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Apr 17 2007, 12:07 PM)

A marvelous walk through of OO design, complete with common points of failure, in the design of a coffee maker. Ashe, I expect you to appreciate this fully.
Ahhhhhhh, snifffff, snifffff

Problem: All the example code is in JAVA. Need someone to convert JAVA to LAVA.
:shifty:
Not a project I'm going to get around to doing, but I think would be useful for someone to do.

Nor will I at the moment, as I am on vacation and still putting in a bit of work there, and I'm swamped for a while back at the ranch, but ....

This might be fun someday.