Executable doesn't find LSB resource

Hello.

I have an application that uses a subVI containing a CIN resource (LSB). The app works perfectly on my computer either under LV (8.2.1) or as an executable. However when I install it in another computer (exe + runtime), it complains that the LSB resource is missing and the app is unable to load the container subVI. The Project Explorer recognizes the dependencies correctly and I verified that it is including the subVI in the build (which in turns contains the LSB resource). Anyone has experienced the same problem?

Warmest regards.

QUOTE(Thang Nguyen @ Apr 18 2007, 04:30 PM)

I have also tried to put the subVI files --even the LSB itself-- under the project file list, and in different locations of the generated installation (eg. Startup VIs, Dynamic VIs and Support Files, etc.), but to no avail.

Something funny I noticed: project explorer lists the LSB dependency without the lsb extension. This is different as for DLLs (Pperhaps because it is an internal resource of a subVI and not a file per se). Is this the expected behavior?

Thanks. Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE(Pablo Bleyer @ Apr 18 2007, 03:12 PM)

Hello.

I have an application that uses a subVI containing a CIN resource (LSB). The app works perfectly on my computer either under LV (8.2.1) or as an executable. However when I install it in another computer (exe + runtime), it complains that the LSB resource is missing and the app is unable to load the container subVI. The Project Explorer recognizes the dependencies correctly and I verified that it is including the subVI in the build (which in turns contains the LSB resource). Anyone has experienced the same problem?

Warmest regards.

Your CIN likely makes use of some external functions located in a DLL. This could be a C runtime library or some non-standard Windows or third-party DLL. In the first case you can either make sure the runtime library installer for your development environment has been run on each computer you want to run your LAbVIEW program on or define in the CIN project to link with a statical C runtime library instead of a dynamical one to prevent problems on plattforms your compiler or depending tools hasn't been installed (this will make your CIN code resource considerably larger).

In the second case you will have to find the non-standard Windows or third-party DLL you are calling and find a MS or other installer that will install it and make sure you tell any user to also install that package too.

A CIN LSB is in fact a DLL too and a DLL that references other DLLs that can not be found by Windows will be refused to be loaded by Windows, leaving LabVIEW with no LSB to link into the VI.

Rolf Kalbermatter