Crashes with lvoop... how to debug ?

Helloooo,

I use LVOOP, 8.2.1 with app builder on a G4 mac.

I build executables which contain objects and dynamic VIs created using LVOOP.

I used the "do not disconnect type efinitions" option.

The executable crash at load time. Is there any way to know where the crash comes from ?

Building of executables is quite long so I would like to find a nice strategy to find out the cause of the crash...

Thanks for your help !

Boris

QUOTE(tibobo @ Apr 24 2007, 03:14 AM)

The executable crash at load time. Is there any way to know where the crash comes from ?

Building of executables is quite long so I would like to find a nice strategy to find out the cause of the crash...

I can't say what is wrong with your particular build. The known issues for 8.2.1 recommends that if your build does not work, you should try changing to Do not disconnect type definitions or remove unreferenced members on the Additional Exclusions page of the Application Properties dialog box.

If you are willing to share your app, please contact NI tech support and file a bug report so we can debug your app better.

QUOTE(tibobo @ Apr 24 2007, 01:14 AM)

Helloooo,

I use LVOOP, 8.2.1 with app builder on a G4 mac.

I build executables which contain objects and dynamic VIs created using LVOOP.

I used the "do not disconnect type efinitions" option.

Thanks for your help !

Boris

Since LV 8.0, you can build applications with remote debugging enable (which allow you basically to debug a build app). If this option is also available for mac, I would suggest you use this.

PJM

QUOTE(PJM_labview @ Apr 24 2007, 03:17 PM)

Since LV 8.0, you can build applications with remote debugging enable (which allow you basically to debug a build app). If this option is also available for mac, I would suggest you use this.

I tried remote debugging, but labview crashes ("fatal error occured during operation, closing connection") during connection to the remote application (after many warnings such as : 'The class expected to be at "Macbeth:Users:boris:Desktop:builds:projet:My Application:Application.app:User.lvclass" was loaded from "Macbeth:Users:boris:Desktop:builds:projet:My Application:Application.app:AppContents_ppc.llb:User.lvclass".')

QUOTE(Aristos)

The known issues for 8.2.1 recommends that if your build does not work, you should try changing to Do not disconnect type definitions or remove unreferenced members on the Additional Exclusions page of the Application Properties dialog box.

I used this option without success.

QUOTE(Aristos)

If you are willing to share your app, please contact NI tech support and file a bug report so we can debug your app better

Could you send me a message to let me know the "procedure" ?

Thanks for help :worship:

Boris

QUOTE(tibobo @ Apr 24 2007, 09:10 PM)

Follow the link below and select call NI or email NI from the options in the page.

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niae_asc.main''>http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niae_asc.main' target="_blank">http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niae_asc.main

EDIT: It seems they still don't have 8.2.1 in the list of LabVIEW version.... Select 8.2 instead. If a NI person is reading this thread, you know what to do.

The local NI support will then help you further. Try to make your bug report as detailed as possible so it's easier to debug. Provide all the needed files to repeat the problem and provide step by step instructions what to do to get the problem to appear.

Tomi

QUOTE(Tomi Maila @ Apr 24 2007, 06:17 PM)

The local NI support will then help you further. Try to make your bug report as detailed as possible so it's easier to debug. Provide all the needed files to repeat the problem and provide step by step instructions what to do to get the problem to appear.

Thanks Tomi, Aristos and PJM.

I'll do that asap tomorrow (the night is falling here !...) and post something here once the problem killed !

'night !...

Boris