Control 8 machines w/same program over net?

Hello all,

I am trying to decide what would be the easyest and most reliable way to control several machines that are running the same test program from a remote machine running a master program. Data Sockets? VI server? Web server?

All Ideas Welcome.....

:wacko: :worship: :throwpc:

QUOTE(Darren2 @ May 1 2007, 03:16 PM)

I am trying to decide what would be the easyest and most reliable way to control several machines that are running the same test program from a remote machine running a master program. Data Sockets? VI server? Web server?

VI Server will have the richest protocol for controlling (start up, shutdown, passing data) the VIs. Anything else will require you to develop your own protocols (such as passing a particular value over DataSocket and having a VI on the other end listen for that value and then interpret what needs to be done). With VI Server the functionality for opening, calling and closing a VI are already well-defined APIs.

QUOTE(Darren2 @ May 1 2007, 10:16 PM)

Hello all,

All Ideas Welcome.....

:wacko: :worship: :throwpc:

I am currently planing a test system, which has 5 nodes (cRIO) and one master (IPC). I am not yet sure, if I should choose TouchPanels for the slave control, or a *small* IPC, but I am allmost sure, that I will use the cRIOs.