string format in listbox

Hi all,

there is another question to all the LabVIEW experts out there.

At the moment I am working on a network data logger. The logger is working fine at the moment but I have a problem building the front panel. I want to put all the data of a network packet (data is in string format) into a listbox, so that the user can choose a specific packet and then get the datailed data of it (ethernet header, ip header and ip data). The problem is, that I want to display the data in hex format (like in a "normal" string indicator where you can choose how the data will be displayed).

Is there any way to do this formatting using a listbox? Right-click on the listbox didnot show the formatting options...

Thanks in advance for any hints,

greetings

Beri

Thanks for your, but this do not resolve my problem.

Maybe my description is a bit too general, so I attach a pic of the gui to this post.

The problem is the packet_list in the center. The aim is to get a display like in the "last packet" indicator.

The highlighted row of the listbox contains the same data as the indicator "last packet" but the presentation is different.

The question is, if it is possible to do this.

Thanks in advance,

Beri

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=5765

QUOTE(Beri @ May 8 2007, 09:17 AM)

Thanks for your, but this do not resolve my problem.

Maybe my description is a bit too general, so I attach a pic of the gui to this post.

The problem is the packet_list in the center. The aim is to get a display like in the "last packet" indicator.

The highlighted row of the listbox contains the same data as the indicator "last packet" but the presentation is different.

The question is, if it is possible to do this.

Come on! Of course it is and it is a rather trivial exercise to write a VI that takes a byte array and formats it into a hex string. Not that I will do your housework but with a bit of thinking this should be doable in less than half an hour and if you add a bit more you can even spend time for optimizing it.

Considering that you want to write something like a network analyzer I simply can't believe that you can not come up with such a VI yourself.

Rolf Kalbermatter