LVPerl open TCP error

I posted this as a reply on another thread, but maybe nobody saw it. I hope someone can help because I need to call a Perl script from LV.

I just tried LVPerl and get the following error "TCP Open Connection in Open Perl Connection.vi". The Open Perl Connection.vi says that the remote port must match Perl's. How do I know what port to use for Perl?

George

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE(george seifert @ May 21 2007, 02:43 PM)

I posted this as a reply on another thread, but maybe nobody saw it. I hope someone can help because I need to call a Perl script from LV.

I just tried LVPerl and get the following error "TCP Open Connection in Open Perl Connection.vi". The Open Perl Connection.vi says that the remote port must match Perl's. How do I know what port to use for Perl?

George

Well first some sort of perl server must be running. How this is done and where it is I do not know. It could be a special proxy server app or it could be a build in server in the Perl interpreter. What port it will use will depend on the server that provides that interface and unless you spcify this when starting up the server application (or in some ini file configuration) it will use a more or less application specific arbitrary default port.

So find out what will provide this TCP/IP server interface to your Perl environment (Active State Perl or maybe a Unix Perl?), find out its default port or define the one you want to use in the configuration or startup command, and make sure that application is already running when you try to connect to it.

Rolf Kalbermatter