Save/UNDO detection?

orko

Alright, this is baffling me.

Pulling an idea from my other post here, I'm trying to figure out how to tell LabVIEW that changes were made to the BD with the "CleanUp Wire" method.

1) I would like the utility in that post to notify LabVIEW that changes were made if it moves any wires, and prompt the user for a save on close. I thought that it would be as simple as to set the BD docmods to something non-zero, but that doesn't appear to work. I even tried to capture the docmod values after a normal "cleanup wire" action and set them to that value, and the asterisk never appears on the title bar :( Has anyone had any luck with this?

2) It would be very nice to be able to "Undo" the wire cleanup in case the end result isn't ideal. Were is the undo state information stored, and how do I insert my changes into it's "stack"?

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=6245

Thanks for any help.

QUOTE(orko @ Jun 27 2007, 04:06 PM)

Alright, this is baffling me.

Pulling an idea from my other post here, I'm trying to figure out how to tell LabVIEW that changes were made to the BD with the "CleanUp Wire" method.

1) I would like the utility in that post to notify LabVIEW that changes were made if it moves any wires, and prompt the user for a save on close. I thought that it would be as simple as to set the BD docmods to something non-zero, but that doesn't appear to work. I even tried to capture the docmod values after a normal "cleanup wire" action and set them to that value, and the asterisk never appears on the title bar :( Has anyone had any luck with this?

2) It would be very nice to be able to "Undo" the wire cleanup in case the end result isn't ideal. Were is the undo state information stored, and how do I insert my changes into it's "stack"?

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=6245

Thanks for any help.

Have you tried these?

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE(rolfk @ Jun 27 2007, 02:24 PM)

Have you tried these?

Rolf Kalbermatter

No I hadn't seen those... I'll give them a shot and see if I can make sense of them ;-) Will they also take care of notifying LV that there was a cosmetic change made to the BD (prompt for save)?

Thanks Rolf!

When you open the VI reference, wire 1 to the option input. From the help for Open VI Reference:

0x01: Record modifications. An asterisk (*) appears by the VI title to indicate that changes have been made using VI Server. The VI must be in edit mode for LabVIEW to record the modifications.