How Can I Release packages for OpenG Commander or VI Package Manage?

QUOTE(TiT @ Jul 19 2007, 01:11 AM)

The package release process is a little cumbersome at the moment, and Jim et al are working hard on making it easier and more straight-forward.

QUOTE(keiran @ Jul 18 2007, 07:37 AM)

I want to release some useful vis, and others can install it with OpenG Commander or VI Package Manage,But I don't know how I make ogp format files, use Package Builder? How?

Hi Keiran,

You can use OpenG Package Builder to create OGP files that are installable using VI Package Manager. This is not extremely well documented and it is designed with OpenG developers in mind. Rest assured that we are working to make the package building process easier and more stream-lined for casual users.

For starters, please download and install the ogrsc_package_builder package using VIPM and run it from the Tools>>OpenG Package Builder menu option in LabVIEW. You will find that this has a similar look and feel as the OpenG Builder UI. If you have any specific questions or issues, please post them and I or others will be happy to help answer them.

Thanks,

-Jim

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Jul 18 2007, 01:04 PM)

Hi Keiran,

You can use OpenG Package Builder to create OGP files that are installable using VI Package Manager. This is not extremely well documented and it is designed with OpenG developers in mind. Rest assured that we are working to make the package building process easier and more stream-lined for casual users.

For starters, please download and install the ogrsc_package_builder package using VIPM and run it from the Tools>>OpenG Package Builder menu option in LabVIEW. You will find that this has a similar look and feel as the OpenG Builder UI. If you have any specific questions or issues, please post them and I or others will be happy to help answer them.

Thanks,

-Jim

Tks, Jim!

Are there some tutorials about the using of OpenG Package Builder?

QUOTE(keiran @ Jul 19 2007, 04:27 AM)

No, there aren't any tutorials. The closest thing would be to look at (1) the package spec file format (which is somewhat outdated) and (2) look at the existing *.ogpb (OpenG Package Builder) files used by any of the OpenG libraries. You obtain the OpenG library sources from SVN here:

https://opengtoolkit.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opengtoolkit/trunk/

I suggest taking a look at the array library:

https://opengtoolkit.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opengtoolkit/trunk/array/

Click <a href="tsvn:https://opengtoolkit.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opengtoolkit/trunk/array/">here</a> to checkout the array library with TortoiseSVN.

You can find the *.ogpb file (package build spec) in the array project folder here:

<array>/build rules/package.ogpb

Note: In order to create the package you will need to build the library first. You can do this by running the build script, here (FYI: "<array>/build.vi" does a complete build+package, in a single pass.):

<array>/build rules/package.ogpb

Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions or issues.

Thanks,

-Jim