Tools menu Shortcuts

Does anyone know of a way to create a shortcut key combination to select a cutom tool that is put in the Tools menu (project directory)? The menu screen in the options does not contain any custom tools in the list. Is there a certain naming structure that you can use to add it to the LabVIEW.ini file? Is there a trick with the supporting ".txt" file for adding a shortcut (I tried the underscore to see if I get an "alt" shortcut, but it didn't work). I have a little tool that filles out a VI information template for me and it would be extremely helpful to have a shortcut for this.

THX

QUOTE(klessm1 @ Jul 31 2007, 10:12 AM)

Does anyone know of a way to create a shortcut key combination to select a cutom tool that is put in the Tools menu (project directory)? The menu screen in the options does not contain any custom tools in the list. Is there a certain naming structure that you can use to add it to the LabVIEW.ini file? Is there a trick with the supporting ".txt" file for adding a shortcut (I tried the underscore to see if I get an "alt" shortcut, but it didn't work). I have a little tool that filles out a VI information template for me and it would be extremely helpful to have a shortcut for this.

I asked this to NI a while back and was told no. I filed a product suggestion for it, but the more they hear from people that want it the better.

QUOTE(dsaunders @ Jul 31 2007, 07:33 PM)

I asked this to NI a while back and was told no. I filed a product suggestion for it, but the more they hear from people that want it the better.

Move the tool to the 'File menu' (the wizard folder) and after a reboot you can link your shortcut to the VI.

I wouldn't know why they would allow that but not allow it in the Tools menu.

Ton

QUOTE(tcplomp @ Jul 31 2007, 10:50 AM)

Move the tool to the 'File menu' (the wizard folder) and after a reboot you can link your shortcut to the VI.

Ton

The File menu shortcut works. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for reporting it to R&D. Seems like they just overlooked the tools menu if the code is already in the File menu.

QUOTE(tcplomp @ Jul 31 2007, 10:50 AM)

Ton

Does this only work for one tool in the File menu? I already have the OpenG "Rename Folder of VIs" and that showed up in the Shortcut editor (Tools >> Options >> MenuShortcuts). When I added two more VIs to the wizard directory all three of them show up in the menu, but only the first shows up in the Shortcut editor.