Programmically Add Annotations to Waveform Graph

ZITAT(abuch06 @ Aug 3 2007, 04:16 PM)

I know that you can add annotations to a waveform graph by right clicking then selecting "add annotation". Right now I have my program identify annotations and place them where I want, but I cannot seem to create them inside the VI.

Is this possible?

This sounds as if you were already reading and writing the property "Annotation List" to change the placement of your annotations. If I am right, you are already almost there :thumbup:

Just use the graph's property "Annotation List" to get the current list of annotations.

You can simply add more elements to this array and write the complete array back to the same property.

Just to make myself clear: you always have to write the complete list of annotations to the property. As far as I know there is now simple way to add only one annotation without first reading all the existing ones.

Yea I understand everything that you said... the only problem is that my program can only fix annotations that already exsist. If i click on the graph and "add annotation", then run the program, it works fine. But sometimes I need to add 5, or 10, or 20. It depends on the data I send it. I want the program to read in a number of annotations to create, then create them on its own.

I know how to read in the "Annotation List" property and set all of the things available: Name, lable visible, plot # and so on. the program does that fine.

AH i just got it... thanks for the help!!