set blink delay of a specific control programatically

i2dx

Hi folks,

is there any way to set the blink delay of a specific control with a property node?

The only way I found to set the blink delay is to change the value in the LV options dialog. But this means also, that the value is applied to ALL blinking controls and, if I compile an exe, I have to put that key into the exe's INI-File ...

thanks!

CB

QUOTE(i2dx @ Aug 15 2007, 12:22 AM)

is there any way to set the blink delay of a specific control with a property node?

The only way I found to set the blink delay is to change the value in the LV options dialog. But this means also, that the value is applied to ALL blinking controls and, if I compile an exe, I have to put that key into the exe's INI-File ...

I haven't found a way. As far as I know the blink properties are still global and apply to all controls. The only way I've worked around this in the past is to "roll my own" blink subVIs when I want the controls to behave differently from the global options... but that has obvious caveats, so I would like to see what others have done (Xcontrols with additional blink properties perhaps?).

thanks a lot :)

but to be honest:

QUOTE(yen @ Aug 17 2007, 03:35 PM)

You need to have an implementation for each class of control you intend to use.

I am lazy, and I am curently running out of time and and and ... so ... I think 1000 ms are just a fine blinking rate at the moment ;)

Well, you can use it only for some controls and do that the rest with the standard blinking property.

Creating an implementation for each class is relatively easy (two VIs, if I remember correctly) and it already supports String, Boolean and Numeric, which would probably cover most basic controls.

The main issue with it is that it was only a quick demo (the VIT is called Template.vit, for instance ;) ).