National Instruments announces NI Labs at NIWeek

I'm very excited about a new web initiative announced this year at NIWeek, NI Labs. This is similer to Google Labs.

NI Labs showcases the evolving technologies from National Instruments R&D engineers that aren't quite ready for release. These virtual research labs offer you the chance to download and work with cutting-edge developments, offer product feedback, get answers to your questions, and learn about recent successes and struggles.

Each featured technology includes an experimental prototype containing:

• Installer
  • Documentation
  • Easy-to-run examples

Your questions and input will go directly to a National Instruments R&D engineer. We invite you to explore this section, and appreciate your feedback in helping drive future product development.

I suggest you all check it out and go to the NI Labs forums to request that they FINALLY RELEASE VI SCRIPTING. I can't see a better venue for this. What do you think about this?

Links:

NI Labs

NI Labs Forums

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Aug 19 2007, 09:08 PM)

I suggest you all check it out and go to the http://forums.ni.com/ni/board?board.id=nilabs' target="_blank">NI Labs forums to request that they FINALLY RELEASE VI SCRIPTING. I can't see a better venue for this. What do you think about this?

I would be a really good day for me, if NI releases scripting, but I am unsure whether that is the right place/way?

e.g. If there were hundreds of users of my ADO toolkit, who would request a special feature in my forum, I guess, I'd consider this as spam. Second, I am not sure, if it is usefull to make extra pressure? I think NI knows that there is a strong demand for this feature, but NI does not want to spread this feature right now (most probably due to "who should support this stuff"-reasons?). NI is a company and if there is any chance to sell a feature or increase the value of a current product by adding a new feature, I am allmost sure, they will do it.

third: I tried to make a post at the ni.com forums, but I don't know how. I have definitively an account and I am a registered member, but I couldn't find the response button to your post :blush:

QUOTE(i2dx @ Aug 20 2007, 01:24 PM)

Why is this not the right place? NI never had a venue like this before and as such, had no way to properly release scripting until now.

e.g. If there were hundreds of users of my ADO toolkit, who would request a special feature in my forum, I guess, I'd consider this as spam.

If there were hundreds of users for your ADO toolkit requesting features then I think you would implement the feature since it obviously is something you can sell. I think this is a good problem to have then having no users.

By being in NI labs, they are shielded from the support issue. Support happens through the forums.

third: I tried to make a post at the ni.com forums, but I don't know how. I have definitively an account and I am a registered member, but I couldn't find the response button to your post :blush:

The reply button is right above my name:

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=6693

If this is the real issue then just say so from the start.

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Aug 21 2007, 03:13 AM)

ok, convinced :)

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Aug 21 2007, 03:13 AM)

If there were hundreds of users for your ADO toolkit requesting features then I think you would implement the feature since it obviously is something you can sell.

BTW:I have no plans to make a product out of it ...