Move project item

Michael's post reminded me of another feature that I wish was in the project tree.

I would like an easier way to move project items around in the project tree. Currently (that I know of) the only way to move items is to drag and drop, which gets cumbersome and error prone when you have multiple folders expanded (you end up clicking the item(s) and dragging over the edge of the scroll list, then hovering while the list scrolls). I've missed on more than one occasion...

One possibility is to have a "move to..." option in the right click menus of all items under "My Computer", even (especially?) when multiple items are selected. This would bring up a project folder/class list to select where you would like to move it to. Similar to the "move to folder" option in Outlook.

QUOTE(orko @ Aug 23 2007, 07:19 AM)

... clicking the item(s) and dragging over the edge of the scroll list, then hovering while the list scrolls.

I guess you're using 82(1)

But it's better than my 8.5 version, because now the project tree list won't scroll when you get to thew edge with your dragged item.

It worked perfectly in 821, anybody else got this problem?

But maybe you sould upgrade to 85, since you can connect a folder to a physical disk-folder so it auto updates all it content.

My top 8 list of new features in LabVIEW 8.5

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt">When double clicking on a SubVI on the block diagram that is a dynamic dispatch VI, you can select which implementation VI to open. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt">Auto-populating folders (and that it doesn't add hidden folders like .svn) <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt">To see the path of the VI in the project tree. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt">Possibility to set scoop on item in project tree by right clicking on the item. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt">And of cause recursion!!! <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt">Conditional stop terminal in for loops <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt">Finding callers on SubVI by right click on item in project tree.
  • Mass compile project by right clicking on the Project node in the project tree.

//Mikael

QUOTE(MikaelH @ Aug 22 2007, 02:36 PM)

Nope, the behavior looks the same in LV 8.5 to me.

QUOTE(MikaelH @ Aug 22 2007, 02:36 PM)

But it's better than my 8.5 version, because now the project tree list won't scroll when you get to thew edge with your dragged item.

It worked perfectly in 821, anybody else got this problem?

Mine will still scroll, it is just way pickier. I have to grit my teeth just right and hold the item in between the last item displayed and the edge of the tree list (when moving the item down the list). Moving an item up the list requires me to hover over the "Project Items" column header for about 0.8 seconds :rolleyes: