HI

I'm trying to implement a xbox test with labview.

Right now for this test we are using a PC with windows sql server, the test consist only in connect the xbox trough the lan cable, and see the dhcp screen until we see the address asigned, the DHCP properties are start ip-10.30.0.2 end ip-10.30.0.254.

Any idea how Ican implement this test automatically with labview?

Thank you in advance.

The easiest way to check the IP address is to use String to IP followed by IP to String, both from the TCP palette. Run in it a loop until you get the address.

I'm not sure what will happen when the cable is disconnected, but you will probably get an empty string, 127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0. I suggest you try and see if that helps.

QUOTE(daro @ Sep 1 2007, 10:11 AM)

Thanks you for your help, I'll check that.

Unfortunately, I can't obtain any information about this.

Basically I only need to know the IP address of the Xbox, so I only need to know how to read the IP address once the xbox get connected to the computer, I've tried this Vi but I can't read anything.

I'll really appreciate any help.

OK, sorry. I thought you wanted the IP address of the computer.

I don't really know anything about DHCP, and I can't look at the VI you posted, so I can't help you there. You might wish to search online to see if there is any established protocol for discovering Xboxes in a subnet.

If not, can you run some code on the Xbox which will publish its IP address using UDP?

For UDP broadcast, a UDP server should run on the XBOX and wait for your request. If no UDP server ist available, than you can try to connect to the XBOX over TCP/IP in a for loop.

Eugen

P.S. if you know any program, which do, what you want, than you can use any sniffer to hear up the traffic between this program and the XBOX.

The best way that I found to check communication of xbox-PC and the IP address of the Xbox once connected was to use the "IPconfig" and "Netstat" commands from the sys exec, then I read the files and search for the good connection status and IP address. Not very elegant but it works well.

Thank you for your help.