uCalc FMP wrapper for LabVIEW

I have developed a math parser named uCalc FMP, which allows your programs to evaluate expressions / formulas that are defined at runtime. In addition to a built-in set of functions/operators, it lets you define an unlimited number of your own functions, operators, variables, constants, etc...

No provisions were originally made for LabVIEW. After I redesigned uCalc FMP, a customer recently notified me that the new uCalc version no longer works easily with LabVIEW the way the old uCalc version did.

I have now created a special LabVIEW wrapper for the new version of uCalc FMP, which will hopefully make it work as easily as before. However, I have no personal experience with LabVIEW, so I will need some help from LabVIEW users to ensure that the wrapper works correctly.

The LabVIEW wrapper for uCalc FMP 2.91 can be found at:

www.ucalc.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000021.html

If you are not familiar with uCalc FMP, you will find more information at:

www.ucalc.com/ucalcfmp.html

To download a fully functional copy of uCalc FMP 2.91, visit:

www.ucalc.com/download.html

If you want an eval copy of the old version 2.0 of uCalc FMP, the link is:

www.ucalc.com/mathparser/ucfmp20.zip

I look forward to hearing from LabVIEW users.

---

Daniel Corbier

www.ucalc.com

Thanks. I'll keep this in mind for next time. I'm completely new to this neck of the woods. I wasn't sure how much overlap in readership there was between the NI forums and the Lava forums. The Lava forum guidelines mention cross-posting as asking the same question in more than one Lava forum.

I know that the NI forums are owned by the makers of LabVIEW, and these Lava forums here are independent. But why was the independent forum created, if it covers some of the same user demographics?

---

Daniel Corbier

www.ucalc.com

I can't tell you why it WAS created, but I can tell you of some of the differences:

The most important difference is that the general level is more advanced. The NI forums have some very advanced users, but the LabVIEW board gets about 200-300 posts a day, most of which are junk from newbies. Here the SNR is a lot higher. Thus, most LAVA regulars probably don't follow the NI forums at all.

Second, the board is independent, which allows to host some things which NI would not host (or at least did not, I didn't see them deleting some of the more recent ones). For example, posts about technology which NI would rather not make officially public.

Third, since it's not run by a big company, it's much more agile and can adapt new technologies and options much more easily.

But, as I said, announcing cross posting should have nothing to do with whether or not people frequent the same forums. It is simply meant to allow people to go to the other thread to see any relevant developments and save themselves time.