It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

QUOTE(Justin Goeres @ Oct 5 2007, 02:28 PM)

I feel totally dated now! I thought rap for my subculture didn't exist!!!!

My first adventures in programming were parsing strings like "attack orc with old sword" for home made text games we'd come up with.

I was actually too young to really play text based adventures (I only saw a couple and never really played them), but I did play quite a few of the ones made by Sierra which had a graphical interface, but where your actions were still text based.

By the way, at first I thought you were talking about the choose your adventure books. :laugh:

comic2-39.png

QUOTE(yen @ Oct 8 2007, 01:32 PM)

Hehe, Dinosaur Comics is my most favoritest webcomic! :thumbup: I even gave sexy exciting merchandise to my groomsmen at my wedding.

Also, Dinosaur Comics in fact did an episode related to text adventure games back in 2005. Thus, the circle is complete!

comic2-562.png

P.S. XKCD, which I think you've posted links to before, is my 2nd favorite. It seems there is some kind of synergy in our webcomic interests here....

QUOTE(Justin Goeres @ Oct 9 2007, 12:18 AM)

Also, Dinosaur Comics in fact did an episode related to text adventure games back in 2005. Thus, the circle is complete!
Not quite as complete as it is now. :laugh:

comic2-52.png

or now, since you mentioned grues...

pwned.png

This was really one of my favorites.

P.S. I like xkcd more. It has a more complicated sense of humor. I wrote a couple of VIs to download all the comics from both those sites and then display them later so that I could go over them without having to go into a 1000 pages and read them when offline (e.g. on a long flight).

P.P.S.

dinosaur_comics.png :laugh:

P.P.P.S.

Since you like regular expressions so much:

regular_expressions.png