new here

fiero

Hello,

I need some (simple) help.

I use labview for 4 weeks now, and I like it.

For school I must make something that I don't get working.

We dit not get anny manual and on the internet I only found just a explanation (that din't help me).

After searching difrent forums, I think I better ask some one.

I want to do three thing ( you will say that is realy easy to do) but not (yet :D ) for me.

one: I want whit a boolean (Push button, "latch when released") convert into 4 numbers ( 0,1,2,3) (block diagram)

I tryed numeric, conversion, Boolean array to number. but that don't work

(situation push ones I need number 0, when pushed again I need number 1, then 2 and 3, then back to start by 0

two: very simple question (i think)

how do you get decorations to the back or front of other shapes? (front panel)

three: also a easy one for you?

I like to use a photo (JPG or bmp) but when I do edit, import picturefrom file. ther is nothing on my screen ( Front panel)

The prject I working on is:

a automatic garage door push ones and the door must go open push again and the door stops after pushing again the door closed (the picture is justy for fun when opening the door to see a car :P )

Thanks for your time.

Stan

the netherlands

I use labview 7.1

Welcome to LAVA.

QUOTE(fiero @ Oct 15 2007, 11:35 AM)

A hint - use a shift register, which can hold a value between iterations of a loop. You can increment it when the boolean is T and reset it when it gets to 3.

The alignment buttons.

I like to use a photo (JPG or bmp) but when I do edit, import picturefrom file. ther is nothing on my screen ( Front panel)

Have a look at the picture VIs (not available in LabVIEW base). You can find VIs by searching the palettes or the example finder (Help>>Find Examples).

To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. Here, here, here, here, here and here are a few you can start with and here are some tutorial videos. You can also contact your local NI office and join one of their courses.

In addition, I suggest you read the LabVIEW style guide and the LabVIEW user manual (Help>>Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf).

ZITAT(fiero @ Oct 15 2007, 11:35 AM)

three: also a easy one for you?

After you selected the picture by using "import picture from file..." the picture is only sent to the clipboard. To put this picture on the frontpanel (or block diagram) you have to use "paste" (CTRL+V).