Drag&Drop issues with project manager

These are two related issues filed under different CAR numbers:

1. With LV8.5 the project explorer now also shows the hierarchy of files in the new 'Files' tab. If you try to drag&drop an existing VI from the list into the front panel or block diagram of another opened VI than you are not allowed to insert it there. The behavior should be the same like within the 'Items' tab. Listed VIs should be draggable into a target VI. This is Car #4DJFJ7G3.

2. If you drag&drop a VI from the 'Items' tab into an opened VI the focus is still set to the project explorer. To offer a better workflow (necessary for us keyboard users) the focus should be set to the front panel or block diagram of the target VI. Than you can immediately use keyboard shortcuts without having to use the mouse to set the focus to the target VI. This is Car #4E89HJAR.

Henrik

QUOTE(hskupin @ Oct 15 2007, 07:30 AM)
2. If you drag&drop a VI from the 'Items' tab into an opened VI the focus is still set to the project explorer. To offer a better workflow (necessary for us keyboard users) the focus should be set to the front panel or block diagram of the target VI. Than you can immediately use keyboard shortcuts without having to use the mouse to set the focus to the target VI. This is Car #4E89HJAR.
I've actually CAR'd this myself as a more general issue. When you drag and drop from one VI to another VI, the target VI needs to come into focus when you release. Otherwise your ctrl+z (to undo) undoes the wrong thing. After some discussion within the team, I think there's consensus that any drag and drop should bring the target to focus.

ZITAT(Aristos Queue @ Oct 15 2007, 07:27 PM)

I've actually CAR'd this myself as a more general issue. When you drag and drop from one VI to another VI, the target VI needs to come into focus when you release. Otherwise your ctrl+z (to undo) undoes the wrong thing. After some discussion within the team, I think there's consensus that any drag and drop should bring the target to focus.

Indeed. That I haven't noticed yet. So my CAR # is only a sub-issue from yours. It would be great, if it could be fixed in a future version. Your mentioned problem is more annoying.

Henrik