Funky Boolean XControl

Greetings all,

I have been asked to provide "a boolen LED" style indicator that does more than a standard boolen LED so many times now that I have decided to create an XControl for it. (And yes, once it is complete I will submit it to the code repository). typically this "boolen" needs ito indicate 4 different states: On (green); Off (Green); On (red) and Off (red). Recently I have been asked several times to provide an indicator that distinguishes between 6 different states: the 4 previously mentioned states as well as Flashing (green:on/off) and Flashing (red:on/off). I believe this falss squarely in the realm of XControls.

I can easily replicate the 4 state boolean but I am having difficulty with the 6-state version. The problem I have is that the facade VI is designed to respond to events and then run once only. To "Flash" the LED I need to switch it's value according to a timer (flash rate). I am aware of the Blinking property of LED's but they only flash at a pre-determined rate and only between yellow and the current LED value colour.

I have attached a VI showing the behaviour I am after and the XControl as it's currently implemented ie 4-states. (Both are LV 8.2)

I am sure some of you out there have a cool innovative way to achieve the desired outcome.

Cheers & Beers

:thumbup: + :beer: [

attachment=7324:BOOL_XCo...imulator.vi]Download File:post-4848-1192774641.zip