Site speed - LAVA's slowing down

Not really a bug per se, but has the LAVA site slowed down dramatically in the last week or so? I thought it was the link at my hotel, but it seems to take ages, irrespetive of my link speed. The banner seems to load okay (takes 4 - 5 seconds), but then the rest takes anywhere between 15 and 45 seconds.

QUOTE(crelf @ Oct 30 2007, 03:21 PM)

Not really a bug per se, but has the LAVA site slowed down dramatically in the last week or so? I thought it was the link at my hotel, but it seems to take ages, irrespetive of my link speed. The banner seems to load okay (takes 4 - 5 seconds), but then the rest takes anywhere between 15 and 45 seconds.

I haven't noticed any significant lag. I'm browsing both from home (Comcast cable connection) and from work in WA state and the pages seem to load quickly.

QUOTE(crelf @ Oct 30 2007, 03:21 PM)

It's fast for me. It might depend on the time of day. No idea. I haven't noticed this. Any others?

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Oct 31 2007, 12:58 AM)

It's fast for me. It might depend on the time of day. No idea. I haven't noticed this. Any others?

I had performance issues previously a month back but they disappeared when I turned off the snapshots. Maybe you're experiensing the same thing.

I have noticed a slow down as well.

When LAVA loads I see most of the screen but there is about a one line gap at the top of the screen.

WHile I can still se the gap, nothing is active.

If I wait for the screen to "reset" the one line gap at the top disapears and the page is good to go.

I notice it most at work were they decided to try out a DSL connection to save money. (They will be fixing this).

I can see the same thing at home but there I have a 5 Meg fiber link so the delay is short.

I am pretty sure the delay was introduced when the LAVA store link was put in the top right corner of the screen.

BTW:

I use almost exclusively the "View new post" view, and my comments apply to that screen only.

Ben