Include other folders than the support folder

In the app builder of LV8.5 you can add a folder to the source list. I have several folders where I store plug-in VIs and tools (VIs or libraries) so it would be nice if I could add those to the source list and specify that their diagrams should be removed...however even though you actually add a folder it will not add a folder - it will just take the content of that folder and place it in a directory which is limited to be either the support folder, the exe folder or the folder of the caller....

It seems very strange that they could not add a user specified folder option there. So - this seems to mean that I have to do what I used to do - namely to create folders manually, save all the VIs and libs without diagrams manually (although I did make a VI that does this automatically) and then include those folders in the installer. To sum up - is there a more streamlined way to achieve this or should this be a feature request for the next LV?

Perhaps the OpenG app builder can help with this? I've not used it yet...

Mads

QUOTE(Mads @ Nov 8 2007, 03:32 AM)

In the app builder of LV8.5 you can add a folder to the source list. I have several folders where I store plug-in VIs and tools (VIs or libraries) so it would be nice if I could add those to the source list and specify that their diagrams should be removed...however even though you actually add a folder it will not add a folder - it will just take the content of that folder and place it in a directory which is limited to be either the support folder, the exe folder or the folder of the caller....

If I understand you correctly, this is all available in the App Builder.

Go to the Destinations pane. You will see (by default) two options: <YourApplication>.exe and Support Directory. Click the '+' button to add a new destination directory. Set up its label, path, etc. on the right side of the pane.

Now go to the Source File Settings pane, find one of your manually included files in the Project Files tree, and select it. In the Destination pulldown on the right side, the new destination(s) you previously created will be available for you to select.

Note that you can also set the destination for all the included items in a particular source folder, as well.

That's perfect, thanks for the help :) I had overlooked the add button on the destinations tab.

Regards,

Mads

PS for NI: It would have been great to be able to add it directly in the set destination input on the source tab as well (then I would have found it), but that's a minor issue.