How to generate color with Loop Index

Cool-LV

QUOTE(Anders Björk @ Nov 20 2007, 04:17 PM)

"Make a arrray of RGB values choose value from them" ???

No no no, if I have thousands of color want to display, that is a crazy action. is any generation automatically? an arithmetic would be appreciated.

QUOTE(Anders Björk @ Nov 20 2007, 04:17 PM)

No no no, if I have thousands of color want to display, that is a crazy action. is any generation automatically? an arithmetic would be appreciated.

QUOTE(Cool-LV @ Nov 21 2007, 12:35 AM)

I don't see what's crazy about that at all. That's exactly what I'd do.

There's a list of several thousand different colors (with names!) here. It wouldn't be terribly difficult to write a VI to parse the RGB values out of that page and create an array with their values. Use that array as a constant in a color-lookup function, and you're done.

If you only need a couple hundred decent colors, you could also work from LabVIEW's 221 valid icon colors. It's trivial to generate those programmatically. You can also do the same thing with web-safe colors and get roughly the same result.

QUOTE(Cool-LV @ Nov 21 2007, 12:35 AM)

I don't see what's crazy about that at all. That's exactly what I'd do.

There's a list of several thousand different colors (with names!) here. It wouldn't be terribly difficult to write a VI to parse the RGB values out of that page and create an array with their values. Use that array as a constant in a color-lookup function, and you're done.

If you only need a couple hundred decent colors, you could also work from LabVIEW's 221 valid icon colors. It's trivial to generate those programmatically. You can also do the same thing with web-safe colors and get roughly the same result.

QUOTE(Cool-LV @ Nov 20 2007, 11:35 PM)

I don't know how much you need to differentiate the colors, but thousands of colors will become difficult to easily distinguish.

And I agree that a table lookup provides a very nice implementation to your stated problem.

David

QUOTE(Cool-LV @ Nov 20 2007, 11:35 PM)

I don't know how much you need to differentiate the colors, but thousands of colors will become difficult to easily distinguish.

And I agree that a table lookup provides a very nice implementation to your stated problem.

David