LabVIEW Sighting on Mythbusters!

LabVIEW made an appearance on last night's (5 Dec 07) new episode of Mythbusters!!! The main show topic was Confederate Steam Gun.

The secondary plot (the one with Kari :wub:, Grant, & Tory) involved trying to fool a lie detector. They visited the Medical University of South Carolina to learn about lie-detecting fMRI technologies. Anyway, they showed a screenshot of a data collection program running on one of the lab PCs, and the LabVIEW front panel of the DAQ app was clearly visible. The first shot of it (according to my TiVo) is 39 minutes in, but they show it several more times after that. :thumbup:

The UI could use a bit of work ;).

QUOTE(Norm Kirchner @ Dec 6 2007, 06:51 AM)

Dangit, I thought you were going to say that the MythBusters Crew was using it in their own tests.

Yeah, and I had hoped they were actually going to do something with it, but they really didn't. It looks like the lab they were at just uses it to collect data, and then does the analysis offline with a different piece of software.