Tools to Detect Race Conditions

I was reading this article this morning, and decided to check out the products mentioned. The two companies sell static source code analysis tools to detect race conditions. They are in the same business, have practically identical home pages, and even the customers shown in the 'crawls' are basically the same.

National Instruments is shown in both lists :P .

QUOTE(LV Punk @ Dec 12 2007, 10:37 AM)

I was http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3716046' target="_blank">reading this article this morning, and decided to check out the products mentioned. The two companies sell static source code analysis tools to detect race conditions. They are in the same business, have practically identical home pages, and even the customers shown in the 'crawls' are basically the same.

National Instruments is shown in both lists :P .

Yes but probably for analyzing their C source code, not for including that technology in a LabVIEW analyzer tool! Would be nice but I think the complexity of such a task would be very high. Coverity has been getting some publicity this year by offereing their services for free to some Open Source projects. But they did have some problems in getting those code scans be performed regularly. Apparently they had not enough staff to do the regular code base scans for all the projects they had offered that service.

Rolf Kalbermatter