variable

Hi Everybody

your forum is too majestic.and i see that for the first time .i am sorry if i cannot speak English well . :P

I am Beginer In LabView . I want to know that I can use variable like Other language (for Example in the delphi i define variable like this : var x:integer;)

beacuse i want use some value in case loop (case 0) that excecute in other case (case 1) and in dont like to use for loop .

if your answer is yes please explain that . :blink:

please guidance me for application of labview .i indeed thanksful :worship:

best regard

LabVIEW does not have named variables like other languages. Instead, the wires are used to pass values between functions. You can create local variables, which are secondary access points to front panel terminals, but in a parallel lanuguage like LabVIEW, that's almost certain to create race conditions and it will make your code messy.

If you want to transfer values from one loop iteration to the next, the best option is a shift register, which can be created by right clicking the loop wall.

This is basic stuff in LabVIEW. To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. Here, here, here, here, here and here are a few you can start with and here are some tutorial videos. You can also contact your local NI office and join one of their courses.

In addition, I suggest you read the LabVIEW style guide and the LabVIEW user manual (Help>>Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf).

QUOTE(Yen @ Dec 14 2007, 07:15 AM)

To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. Here, here, here, here, here and here are a few you can start with and here are some tutorial videos. In addition, I suggest you read the LabVIEW style guide and the LabVIEW user manual (Help>>Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf).

Sounds like the beginnings of a great wiki article!

We already have a page here for getting started. Instead of linking to all those resources every time, just build up this start page and link to that. We should track which questions are repeating and create articles on this in the Wiki.

Hey, Christmas is coming up and some of you will have some extra time on your hands... ;)

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Dec 14 2007, 01:00 AM)

Hey, Christmas is coming up and some of you will have some extra time on your hands... ;)

With the operative word being "some". :P

Anyway, I expanded the links section there with descriptions and a couple of additional links and will point there from now on. I assume Ben would be a bit disappointed, because I remember he was amused by seeing the "here, here, here, here, here and here" text each time.