LabVIEW Crash when using Aquire Input Data.vi

TobyD

I'm not sure what happened, but I am no longer able to use the Acquire Input Data.vi.

When I place the vi on the block diagram it breaks my run arrow. If I try to manually change the polymorphic selector LabVIEW crashes with and error in Iuse.cpp Line 1841. None of the demos that use the VI will run and it looks like any of them that have a keyboard reference wired to them are grayed out, like they need to be re-linked.

Looking into it more, it looks like the keyboardAquire.vi part of this polymorphic VI is broken (see screenshot) but when I open that vi it looks OK and it runs by itself.

post-8758-1199901147.png?width=400

I don't think this is a bug or it would have been found before now, I think I must just have a corrupt VI. Is there a way to extract just this VI from the install CD without having to reinstall LabVIEW?

QUOTE(TobyD @ Jan 9 2008, 06:58 PM)

I don't think this is a bug or it would have been found before now, I think I must just have a corrupt VI. Is there a way to extract just this VI from the install CD without having to reinstall LabVIEW?

Most likely yes, but it will be hard. It will be buried inside some .cab file, but with a good file browser (Total Commander) you can search through these.

If you know the right path, someone might be able to help you out.

Ton