Ask for similar VI relating to VI Server

Thang Nguyen

Hi,

I am working on upgrading a project from DSC 7.0 to DSC 8.5. In the old project, I see they used the VI relating to the VI Server Development Toolkit which includes two sets of VIs. They are Server Registration VIs and Server Interface VIs. These are the old VIs. I think they were from 1997. Can anyone tell me if there is similar VI or what is the replace techique implemented for these VIs.

If anyone has experience with developing the server, please tell me how should I do in the new LabVIEW 8.5.

Thank you for your time reading and answersing my question.

Thang Nguyen

I am not sure what new function you adding to the new VI or is it suppose to do the same but must be re-write in 8.5?

from NI, hopefully these links give you some starting point

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/37...r_applications/

QUOTE(Thang Nguyen @ Jan 28 2008, 04:35 PM)

Hi,

I am working on upgrading a project from DSC 7.0 to DSC 8.5. In the old project, I see they used the VI relating to the VI Server Development Toolkit which includes two sets of VIs. They are Server Registration VIs and Server Interface VIs. These are the old VIs. I think they were from 1997. Can anyone tell me if there is similar VI or what is the replace techique implemented for these VIs.

If anyone has experience with developing the server, please tell me how should I do in the new LabVIEW 8.5.

Thank you for your time reading and answersing my question.

Thang Nguyen