Customize Buttons for the Image Display

MarceloGA

I don't think there's a way to change the buttons for the IMAQ display. You probably will have to create your own (new) buttons and dynamically select the correct one on the display based on what they clicked. Not a simple solution, but not that difficult either.

Bruce

QUOTE(bmoyer @ Jan 29 2008, 01:54 PM)

I don't think there's a way to change the buttons for the IMAQ display. You probably will have to create your own (new) buttons and dynamically select the correct one on the display based on what they clicked. Not a simple solution, but not that difficult either.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce

thank you for your idea, i do it that

I don't use IMAQ, so I don't know if this applies, but for some reason you can't do Customize and then another one on a subcontrol. Try selecting File>>New>>Custom Control, dropping an IMAQ image in the control editing window and then customizing. Can't guarantee it will work, but it should be worth a try.

QUOTE(Yen @ Jan 29 2008, 01:23 PM)

I don't use IMAQ, so I don't know if this applies, but for some reason you can't do Customize and then another one on a subcontrol. Try selecting File>>New>>Custom Control, dropping an IMAQ image in the control editing window and then customizing. Can't guarantee it will work, but it should be worth a try.

It won't! The IMAQ Control is not really a fully built in Control but added to the LabVIEW system as an extra through external files. Those external controls do not support the object methods necessary to edit the control.

And you can customize sub controls of normal built-in controls! You can't open a customize window for a second control when one is already open, but when there are editable sub controls (such as a digital control in a slider for instance) you can open that in a second editor window.

I know from the original creator of the Control Editor that he considers that as a work that was done back at that time which should have been redisiged since a long time. One limitation was that that editor was not really reentrant for instance which made it necessary to disallow multiple editor windows being opened at the same time, except for the case of editing sub controls. Another limitation is that it is fragile at its best. Unexpected edit operations or controls that behave strange in some circumstances can make it go complete belly up together with LabVIEW and all your code.

Rolf Kalbermatter