Re-link Caption value to Label

QUOTE(Norm Kirchner @ Jan 30 2008, 12:36 AM)

Does anyone know if it is possilbe to re-link the caption of a control to it's label.

I've got a Typedef that has lost the link that I don't wish to rebuild, and anyways it seems like a useful piece of information for the future anyways.

Thanks

Norm,

what do you mean? I simply don't understand your problem.

Ton

The caption of a control will always match the label, until you edit or show the caption.

Once this is done, the caption will retain its current value regardless of the label changing.

I'm doing some black-box stuff of dropping and labeling controls(typedefd). Happens to be that one of them has a modified caption which causes it to always be the same.

The big problem is that the caption is what is displayed in the context help and in turn, in teststand for a LV adapter step, and up to this point it has displayed the proper value (ie. the same value as the label)

So if I could re-establish the behind the scenes syncronization between the label and caption I would not have to worry about re-building the typedef.