Performance improvement for Oracle database connection

QUOTE(anima @ Feb 1 2008, 09:49 AM)

Can any one plz suggest some solutions for this?

My crystal ball is out of order, so I can't see what you did and why you think it is slow. Just try to explain clearly and if possible show us some code. There is a lot one could do wrong but without having more specifics everyone here is simply dabbling in the dark.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Actually I am using ADO tooltiks for Oracle database. It is taking a long time to read even a few data. The same is working fine with local database( MS access) . The server we are using for Oracle databse has no problem with the performance.

I would like to know if there is any constrain to work in LabVIEW with Oracle database.

Right now I am using LabVIEW 7.1. But the Tooltiks are of older version.

I was trying with the availble toolkits of LabVIEW 7.1, but facing some problem while coding.

If there is any suggestion from your side, please let me know.

QUOTE(anima @ Feb 4 2008, 01:36 AM)

Actually I am using ADO tooltiks for Oracle database. It is taking a long time to read even a few data. The same is working fine with local database( MS access) . The server we are using for Oracle databse has no problem with the performance.

I would like to know if there is any constrain to work in LabVIEW with Oracle database.

Right now I am using LabVIEW 7.1. But the Tooltiks are of older version.

I was trying with the availble toolkits of LabVIEW 7.1, but facing some problem while coding.

If there is any suggestion from your side, please let me know.

What do you consider few data? And what is slow in that respect for you?

How do you query it, row by row or as a result set? If it is really simple (a single row for instance) or you query them as a result set then the problem must be in the Oracle connector that the ADO Toolkit connects to and you will have to look for support from some Oracle centric support channel. If your result has several rows and you are not already using the method to query the data as result set try that first.

When you say you tried with the Toolkits available for LabVIEW 7.1, what do you mean by that? The Database Toolkit from NI is at version 1.0.1 or something like that since a VERY long time and there was no specific release for LabVIEW 7.x or such.

How does your VI to query very few data look like? A picture of the diagram or (God beware) a little VI would say 1000 times more than what you have told us so far.

From the questions in this reply you do hopefully understand that the information you provide is still very minimalistic. Why do you think we should spend lots of our time to guess and second guess what your setup and specific implementation is, when you don't even take the time to sit down and consistently describe your problem as thorough as you possibly can? It is you after all that wants our help so doing some effort to get that help should not be to much asked.

Rolf Kalbermatter