Simulating a Pwr Supply voltage

I read (somewhere on the NI site) that someone successfully implemented code witrh simulated DAQ devices and was able to carry out simulated voltage measurements. Since the question was for something else, it did not describe how trhat was done.

That being said..

I have created a simulated DAQmx device. Plus implemented a voltage monitoring daemon. When the voltage goes below a certain threshold, the test system disables the possibility to carry our measurements. The code is implemented and I was hoping to run simulations to tests a bunch of interlocks, including this one. The one I cannot simulate is detecting the voltage levels at the input of a DAQmx device. As I said, code and virtual DAQ device exists. I simply need to fake a voltage to the input.

When I run the code, there is a voltage measurement, but it drifts up on both sides of the differential input (2 DAQ channels). So it's getting some virtual voltage somewhere... I just don't know where.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Thanks

RayR

A simulated analog DAQmx device will return a sine wave with a little bit of noice, so that's most likely the drift.

You can see this easily in MAX.

I only use simulated devices to control timing settings and stuff. For program testing a use a simulated value VI.

Ton

Ton: "A simulated analog DAQmx device will return a sine wave with a little bit of noice, so that's most likely the drift.

You can see this easily in MAX."

Yes, I agree.. Saw it quite easily.. "kinda" used it for a sanity check..

Ton: "I only use simulated devices to control timing settings and stuff. For program testing a use a simulated value VI."

That's where I was headed, but wondered if there were easier (faster) ways of doing this. Oh well.. another pet project :)

Thanks Ton