LabVIEW 8.5.1 Released

I was a little worried about installing this upgrade, as I had just installed and started working on a new project.

I’m hoping to use the new StateChart Module though, and I really wanted to install the newest version of that. Unfortunately it will only install to LV 8.5.1 So my hand was more or less forced. (Perhaps a good thing)

Everything looks alright. I did have to reinstall my report generation toolkit before it would work again. But everything else seems to be alright.

What I’m not sure of is what I need to manually re-compile. I’m just getting started with this project, so I hadn’t seen any of the bugs that were listed. As far as I know, I wasn’t calling any of the functions that had any issues.

So should I just continue on where I left off? Or is there something else I should do?

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ Apr 10 2008, 08:47 PM)

IMPORTANT. Read the readme.html about *how* to perform a mass compile. Doing a mass compile like you normally do WILL NOT suffice. The version number between 8.5 and 8.5.1 is not internally bumped, so a mass compile won't work -- LV won't see that anything needs to be recompiled.

=========Quoting from the readme.html=============

Recompiling VIs for Bug Fixes

The following fixes in LabVIEW 8.5.1 require you to manually recompile the VIs to correct the problem. To force a recompile of a VI without recompiling its subVIs, <Ctrl>-click the Run button. To force a recompile of all VIs in memory, <Ctrl>-<Shift>-click the Run button. To force a recompile of the entire current VI hierarchy, close all VIs currently opened, open the top-level VI, and <Ctrl>-<Shift>-click the Run button. This method will not recompile any of the VIs called dynamically in the hierarchy.

You also can force recompile all VIs in a specified directory using the following steps. Note that you do not need to perform these steps for VIs installed with LabVIEW 8.5.1.

Use a standard text editor to open the LabVIEW.ini file located in the LabVIEW directory.
Add massCompAll=True as a new line at the end of the file.
Save and close the LabVIEW.ini file.
Open LabVIEW.
Select Tools»Advanced»Mass Compile to display the Mass Compile dialog box.
Navigate to the desired directory and click the Current Folder button.
Click the Mass Compile button to force recompile all VIs in that directory.
Click the Done button to return to LabVIEW.
Once you finish the force recompile, reopen the LabVIEW.ini file.
Remove massCompAll=True from the file.
Save and close the LabVIEW.ini file.

======================

I did that, and during the mass compile LabVIEW crashed... :o

What shall I do now ?

post-7452-1209367741.png?width=400