Does Labview able to control external software?

Hi all,

I'm beginner user for Labview, I have a doubt about labview. Does labview able to control external software like poser? I mean do we able to control the Poser software through Labview? So that through labview, I can able to control the Poser software to create animation that I want? Is it possible? If I'm putting under the wrong catogeries or the question is not clear enough, pls advice me. thank you. HOpe to hear from you all soon. :worship:

Regards,

Thang

LabVIEW should be able to extend the same level of control over an external program that any programming language could do. In other words, if Poser has either a command line interface or a callback DLL that allows external commands to be sent to it, then LV can use that. If Poser doesn't have any such external interface, then you're not going to be able to control Poser no matter which programming language you use.

For the command line interface, find the System Exec.vi in the palettes. For the DLL interface, use the Call External Library node, also in the palettes.

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ May 20 2008, 11:49 AM)

LabVIEW should be able to extend the same level of control over an external program that any programming language could do. In other words, if Poser has either a command line interface or a callback DLL that allows external commands to be sent to it, then LV can use that.

Right - LabVIEW can also connect to exposed (and registered) ActiveX and .net methods & properties (if you're working on the Windows platform).