LV version problem

Is there any way to convert a VI from a higher version to a lower one?

Many of the examples posted on this forum ar writen in te 8.2 or 8.5 versions of LV. I only have 8.0. So what should I do to be able to open the exampls I'm talking about?

Thank you

Hi Pollux

It is possible for the attachee to save in a lower required format with limits.

For example in 8.5 you can save for previous versions (you can save code to 8.2 or even 8.0).

I would suggest posting back in a thread and requesting a lower version.

post-10325-1212580369.png?width=400

QUOTE (Pollux @ Jun 4 2008, 06:15 AM)
Many of the examples posted on this forum ar writen in te 8.2 or 8.5 versions of LV. I only have 8.0. So what should I do to be able to open the exampls I'm talking about?
If you post a request, generally someone on this forum who owns the later version will voluntarily do "Save For Previous" to move an example back to your desired version, assuming that the example is one that your older version can support. Some features don't exist in the earlier version and so doesn't load.

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ Jun 4 2008, 04:57 PM)

If you post a request, generally someone on this forum who owns the later version will voluntarily do "Save For Previous" to move an example back to your desired version, assuming that the example is one that your older version can support. Some features don't exist in the earlier version and so doesn't load.

this means I could get all versions of 99bottles_of_bear if only I ask the respectiv programers to "Save for Previous" for me! :beer: :worship:

QUOTE (Pollux @ Jun 4 2008, 10:09 PM)

this means I could get all versions of 99bottles_of_bear if only I ask the respectiv programers to "Save for Previous" for me! :beer: :worship:

Sorry, yes any LAVA'ly people on this forum can do it :thumbup: assuming it contains compatiable features.