LabVIEW 3D

Nice video.

I used to work in that field of rapid prototyping (more specifically on a technology we called direct photo shaping). This kind of work is very challenging and progress is as much a material issue (getting the right chemical formulation) as a hardware issue (putting down the formulation the right way). Therefore, hoping to have a consumer product in 20 years is still a bit optimistic in my opinion (although this would be cool).

By the way, I build (in my previous work place) a very similar machine controlled by LabVIEW using as a starting point a cheap desktop CNC machine from roland (Note: Mine had only one dispenser though).

PJM

QUOTE (Eugen Graf @ Jun 24 2008, 06:58 PM)

Hi Eugen,

http://forums.lavag.org/Special-LabVIEW-version-wish-t3046.html' target="_blank">This thread may be of interest to you. I did at one point create a VI that would produce a 3d hiarchy of an application. Sub-VI's were distributed along the base of cones were the caller was the apex. Shared VI would be placed in a central cylinder. Since that code was written using the public beta version of the 3d picture control, it only supported a very small screen so I was disappointed with the results. I have not returned to that game ever since.

Ben