Ring default value setting

I have a pretty simple issue. I want to be able to change the value to a ring, exit the VI completely and open it and run it again with the initial value of that ring being the one that I had previously changed to.

How would I do that?!! I know that with an Invoke Mode, I can reinitialize the ring to the default value. But that's not what I want. I basically want to change the default value of the ring during runtime, so that when I use the VI at another time, I can start the program with the ring having a different value.

You can't change default values of a running VI. You can change them for a VI that is idle, but then you have to save the VI to retain those values.

Instead, write the last value to an ini file at the end of a run, then when you re-run the program, first read the ini file setting and initialize the ring/or any other control with that value(s)

Neville.

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ Jul 3 2008, 02:08 PM)

Save the setting you want to a config file, the set the operate value to that saved value on load.

There are a couple of really neat OpenG VIs that save the states of your front panel nodes to a file, and reload them - I can't live without 'em :)