Remotely using an NI controller card?

I have a test system with an NI-7340 motion control card and a 3-axis robot. I'd like to do dev work on my computer but need to execute code on the test computer. Since I am frequently executing code during development I was wondering if there's a way to expose the motion controller in the test computer as a network resource available to my dev computer? I couldn't find anything along those lines in NI-MAX. I looked at Remote Front Panels but that appears to be geared toward finished applications rather than developing them. Remote desktop is an option, but its too slow for working in a graphic intensive dev environment. Any ideas?

QUOTE (Daklu @ Jul 17 2008, 09:21 PM)

I have a test system with an NI-7340 motion control card and a 3-axis robot. I'd like to do dev work on my computer but need to execute code on the test computer. Since I am frequently executing code during development I was wondering if there's a way to expose the motion controller in the test computer as a network resource available to my dev computer? I couldn't find anything along those lines in NI-MAX. I looked at Remote Front Panels but that appears to be geared toward finished applications rather than developing them. Remote desktop is an option, but its too slow for working in a graphic intensive dev environment. Any ideas?

If that device was supported by traditonal DAQ then RDA may help.

Ben

QUOTE (Maca @ Jul 18 2008, 01:02 AM)

I spose installing ETS on the remote computer is out of the question?

Dunno... what's ETS?

QUOTE (Ben)

If that device was supported by traditonal DAQ then RDA may help.

By "that device" I presume you mean the 7340 controller card? And, um... what's RDA?

I'm feeling rather :wacko: right now...